Steel Barn Overview
One of the most important decisions you make when deciding to build a barn is the material in which it is made from. Steel barns provide an inexpensive and long lasting shelter and have become more popular after their uses in World War II. Steel barns are easily built and come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles.
- Little maintenance – Our steel barns do not require painting or staining, and you won’t have to deal with loose boards. They require far less maintenance than a traditional wooden barn.
- Durability – Our steel barns are built with strength in mind. They hold up well to the elements, able to withstand high winds, heavy snow loads, temperature changes, and humidity.
- Environmentally Friendly – The most recycled material on the planet is steel. You know when buying a steel barn that it has little impact on the environment.
Wood Barns Overview
Wooden barns have been around for a much longer time than steel barns. Even though steel barns have increased drastically in popularity, wooden barns are built primarily for their “classic” look. Wooden barns are more expensive costing up to 65$ per square foot. That does not include any electrical work added to the structure.
- Heavy Maintenance – Wooden barns require much more maintenance than a steel barn. Loose boards have to be dealt with, termite infestations can become a problem, and it has to be repainted or stained every couple of years.
- Sensitive to Elements – Wood is a very sensitive material to moisture and temperature change. They can cause the wood to expand and shrink which can damage and crack the building.
- Not Eco-friendly – Many wooden barns are made with new wood. Timber has to be cut and go through many processes before it reaches you.
Here at Elephant Barns we want to provide you with only the best. Our pre-engineered buildings can be customized to your specifications in regard to size, walls, doors, windows and more! If you are looking for a great looking storage space that will last you for years, you have come to the right place. From RV carports to horse barns and riding arenas, we have you covered!
For more information about our steel barns, give us a call at: (866) 886-9337Share: