Shed Shelving and Other Metal Building Upgrades You can do Yourself
When you sell custom metal buildings, you end up meeting a lot of people with a DIY spirit that can’t be trumped. These guys and girls start mechanic shops in their own garages, get decked out with all the advanced woodworking equipment they need to set up shop in the unused tier of their barn, or expand their farming business by taking advantage of a new metal space. We’re impressed, and while we can’t all be a DIY master of everything, we can build a thing or two here and there, relying on our creativity and ingenuity to make a productive and efficient craft.
Here’s a way to put up shelves in your barn so you can maximize its storage space. First, read up on these Know before tackling your Steel Barn Storage Space: Shed Shelving Drilling.
- Gather together these materials:
- Measuring tape
- Lumber (2by4in)
- Drill (preferably with cobalt steel bits)
- 1 1/2-inch deck screws
- Silicone caulk
- Power screwdriver
- L-shaped bracket
- Wood for Shelving
Once you have these objects together, follow the instructions on this link for installing metal barn storage shelves on a steel wall.
Shed Shelving and Other DIY Project Ideas for Elephant Structures Customers
- Chicken Coop Carports: Customized by several industrious Carport.com customers looking to start profitable dairy businesses.
- RV Cover and Winter Boat Storage: Learn more about storing your recreational vehicles in a carport or backyard barn!
- At Home Gym: Why not skip the monthly gym memberships and build up on everything your need to get buff in your backyard?
- Metal Building Workshops: Ever dreamed of starting a home business or of taking your hobby professional? We can help!
In addition to writing about shed shelving projects and other DIY tips for our customers, Elephant Barns manufactures and ships custom steel barns to backyards all across the USA. To learn more about our company and about our custom barns online, get in touch with us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We’re always happy to hear from fans and inquirers!